November 15th, 2016
Master Facilities Plan Recomendations
New Gym Wants/Needs
- The current gym seats 1,200 for basketball. New bleachers installed in 1999 cut the capacity in half from the original capacity of 2,200 (circa 1963). The new gym needs to seat at least 2,200 to return Falcon Court to its original seating capacity.
- High ceilings and additional wall space (currently not available in Falcon Court) would be very helpful in displaying banners from the many Glendale athletic accomplishments over the decades as well as sponsorship/donor ads.
- Center-court, overheard scoreboard has become a common component of modern high school gyms, which Falcon Court can't have due to the low ceiling. The overheard scoreboard should have an LED type video screen for messages and sponsorship ads.
- The non-student, parent/fan seating area should have chair-back style seating (may or may not be telescopic and/or fixed type seating depending on floor space needs), which is also very common in modern high school gyms.
- Student seating should consist of molded plastic bleacher seating, not wood. They may or may not have a bleacher-back component to them.
- If there the designs allows, it would be nice to have some lobby/concourse space for photos and graphics displaying the proud tradition of Glendale athletics and some of the coaches/athletes that have contributed to the history of GHS sports.
- Bleacher seating should be added to the auxiliary gym, which currently has no seating for the public.
- Larger training room to provide our athletics with the best possible facilities. Right now, there's only one training table in the current Falcon Court. Most modern high school facilities have around four.
This page represents the thoughts & ideas of the administrator of this website, NOT the Springfield Public Schools or any member of the Glendale boys basketball coaching staff.
Center-court, overhead scoreboard with an LED screen at Ozark
Bleacher back seating at Camdenton
Wall graphics at San Marcos HS
Springdale Har-Ber gym with wall space for banners
Riverbank(CA) High School vertical solar screen